Dry Trash Pickup
About Trash Pickup Service
Dry Trash Pickup Service is offered to all Richmond Hill residents on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. Acceptable items must be placed curbside by 7:00 am on the scheduled day of pickup.
What is considered acceptable dry trash?
- Items collected as yard waste including grass clippings, pinecones, small limbs between 4 to 5 feet and no more than 9 inches in diameter, leaves, and moss are considered dry trash and eligible for pickup.
- Unacceptable dry trash includes household garbage, dirt, sod, rocks, landscape garbage, or limbs and debris larger than the acceptable size must be hauled away by the homeowner to the Landfill (Garbage & Recycling Page)
- Please place all dry trash in a paper bag and at least 10 feet away from household garbage container. Limbs can be placed in a smile pile beside the street in a small. Limbs and debris larger than the acceptable size are the responsibility of the resident and can be taken to the landfill.
What is the pickup schedule?
- Tuesday’s: Mulberry, Richmond Heights, Parkside, Bottoms, Port Dr, Melrose, Richmond Hill Plantation (Timber Dr), Turtle Hill, Creekside, Creek Valley, Cypress Point, The Commons, Sterling Links, Sterling Woods, The Cove
- Thursday’s: Richmond Place, Blueberry, Camellia St, Rosemont St, Carter St, Rushing St, Forest St, Clark St, White Oak, Live Oak, Ponderosa, Piercefield, Main Street, Brisbon Hall, Sterling Creek
Does Richmond Hill collect bulk trash?
The City in partnership with the Georgia Municipal Association’s Cities Week, hosts a free bulk trash pickup event held annually in April. Streets crews work the entire week to collect bulk trash that would be otherwise considered unacceptable items during regular dry trash pickup. Dates of the collection and a list of acceptable items will be provided on the utility bill printed prior to collection.
What happens to the bulk trash?
In the most recent year, the City collected approximately 220 tons of bulk trash during this event. Streets staff sorts through all items prior to disposal to sell any metals in order to add funds to our reserve.